Your Financial Rights and Responsibilities
In line with the bank’s strategic aspiration, to be the “best bank in customer service”, and bringing customer experience to new heights of excellence, SNB has allocated a unified ‘hotline’ number (920020234) that customers can call to inquire of their rights, and get advises and credit consultations. The number will not be used for sales or any other purposes.
The Banking Customer’s Guide
It is your right as a customer at SNB to understand your banking rights to the fullest. Accordingly, we are committed to maintaining the principle of transparency in all our dealings with you. We have worked to make available all the information necessary to provide you with the highest standard of banking services that are compatible with the Saudi Central Bank (SAMA).
Accordingly, we at SNB have developed the below principles to protect the customers:
“A natural person who is acting outside of the scope of his business and who is enjoying the products and services offered by a bank”.
Our commitment to the protection of customer interests
Because we are committed to the protection of your banking transactions, we have compiled the following list of principles:
- SNB shall deal fairly and honestly with you in every interaction.
- SNB shall be transparent with you, and provide you with the information you require about products and services that are easy to access and understandable.
- SNB shall make you aware of the financial risks and opportunities that apply to a product or service before you buy it.
- SNB shall work in a professional manner for the benefit and protection of your financial interests.
- SNB shall monitor and protect your financial assets against fraud.
- SNB shall protect your financial and personal information and ensure it is not disclosed to third parties.
- SNB shall give you easy access to file a complaint through mechanisms that are affordable, accountable, timely and efficient.
- Consumer shall have the freedom to search, compare and where appropriate, switch between products, services and banks with ease.
- SNB shall be responsible and accountable for the actions of their authorized agents.
- SNB has a written policy on conflict of interest, and we ensure that this policy is disclosed to consumers in case of a conflict of interest between the bank and a third party.
Your responsibilities for the protection of your interests
Because our main aim is to protect your interests, below are a number of principles we recommend you follow in order to protect your financial activities.
- Be honest and accurate with all the information you give to the bank.
- When applying for a product or a service, ensure you have read all information given to you and you are aware of your obligations.
- Always clarify with bank employees about anything that is unclear or a condition that you are unsure about.
- Don’t hesitate to file a complaint or escalate your issue to higher levels if appropriate.
- Make sure you understand all terms and conditions associated with any products or services.
- Keep in mind that some financial products or services carry risks and the bank should clearly explain these to you.
- Apply for products or services that suit your specific needs and financial capability.
- Report unauthorized transactions to your bank immediately.
- Do not disclose any personal or banking information to any third party.
- Seek the bank’s advice when encountering any type of financial difficulties.
- Ensure that your banking information is up-to-date at all times.
- While corresponding with the bank through mails, make sure you use your own mail and e-mail address and not other’s to avoid exposing your information.
- When granting a ‘Power of Attorney’ be careful on the information you are granting access to and to whom you are giving power over your financial matters.
- Do not sign empty or partially completed forms.
- Review all your documents before signing.
- Keep all your banking documents and cards in a safe place.
ATM usage Instructions:
- Do not share your security number with any person.
- Do not write your security number or password on the ATM or credit cards.
- Stand very close to the ATM using your body and hands to hide your transaction.
- Avoid cash withdrawals in late times or in remote areas.
- Do not accept help from strangers while using the ATM, and take care of strangers who ask for your help. Your card or money may be stolen by one of them while you are busy with others.
- Do not count your money in front of the ATM.
- Make sure to take your card from the ATM after completing the transactions.
- If the ATM or Credit cards are lost or stolen, you must report this immediately by phone banking or visiting the nearest branch.
ِAcceptance use policy:
By using SNB services or websites, you hereby undertake NOT to:
- Upload or download files containing software, materials, data, or other information not owned by you or for which you do not have a license;
- Upload or download files containing viruses, corrupted data, or any other malicious software, or do anything that could affect the integrity, reliability, or continued availability of the information on the website;
- Publish, advertise, distribute or circulate through the services of SNB any materials or information that contain defamation of character; violation of laws; pornographic or obscene material; material violating Islamic teachings or public morals; or any illegal material or information;
- Use any means, software or procedure to intercept or attempt to intercept the proper operation of SNB website;
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable, large or improper load on the infrastructure of SNB website;
- Any act that violates the Saudi Anti-Cyber Crime Law or any other related law in the Kingdom.
- You are the only authorized person to use your password;
- Do NOT disclose your password to any third party;
- Change your password frequently;
- SNB never requests customers to provide their passwords.
AlAhli Online & Phone Banking Usage Instructions:
The bank never sends SMS asking its customers to disclose any confidential information such as account numbers, security numbers of ATMs or log in passwords.
Always make sure that the web address starts with (https) and that the security symbol (the lock) exists.
You will never be asked by SNB employees to provide your AlAhli Online log in password. If a person asks you to provide such information, then he is not representing SNB . Please do not share any information with that person and notify us immediately.
Do not log into AlAhli Online from Internet cafés, libraries or public places.
Our official website address is:
www.alahli.com. Only use the link
www.alahlionline.com for online banking. Do not use any other links.
- The Bank will never contact you for any information updates. You can only update your information by visiting our branches.
- Do not deal with any person who claims that he is a representative of SNB. Dealing with SNB employees is only through the Bank’s branches and offices.
- You must immediately report any suspicious transaction or brokers who claim their ability to facilitate or provide banking services.
Risks Related to Bank's Financing Products
Tips for travelers
islamic banking awareness
What is Islamic Banking?
Islamic Banking is an Islamic Shariah-compliant banking system that applies the Islamic Shariah controls on banking transactions, services and investments, and avoids non-Shariah compliant transactions. Islamic Banking is built on contracts of sale, rent, and partnership, such as personal finance by Murabaha, residential finance by Ijarah, and investment accounts by Mudarabah.
Learn how to file a complaint or File a Suggestion
Download Full Copy of Consumer Protection Code